Purpose and Mission
The purpose of the organization is to participate in the religious, charitable, and educational Apostolates of the Church. Catholic Daughters of the Americas engages in creative and spiritual programs which provide its members with the opportunity to develop their God-given talents in meaningful ways that positively influence the welfare of the Church and all people throughout the world.
Catholic Daughters of the Americas strives to embrace the principle of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all.
We welcome any Catholic lady, at least 18 years of age, interested in furthering their spiritual and social life in our community, to come and join us.
Membership business meetings are open to all members and non-members may attend up to three business meetings while they decide if they would like to join.
Business Meeting Schedule
- Second Monday of the month
- 7:00 P.M. Business meeting and program/social (Exception: January and February meetings are at noon.)
- Knights of Columbus Hall
- 450 Lincoln Avenue, Bellevue, PA 15202
- No meeting in July and August
Contact the Court Regent for additional information.
Come and see the works of God, awesome in deeds before the children of Adam.
Psalms 66:5 (NABRE)
- Monthly (third Sunday): Spiritual Intentions Mass a State Court fundraiser (benefiting seminarians at the Pontifical College in Rome) held in Altoona, Pennsylvania.
- January: Record rosary for broadcast on WAOB
- February: Education Contest
- March: Even years elect Nominating Committee; Pittsburgh Diocesan Committee Meeting; bingo party for residents at Vincentian Home
- April: Financial Review; even years Nominating Committee presents slate of officers; Regent has notice of election with slate of officers sent to all members (at least ten (10) days before election; State Convention (odd years); and Spring Charity Bazaar (fundraiser)
- May: Even years election of officers
- June: Even years installation of officers; Priest Appreciation Day (first Sunday); Education Contest Awards; Pittsburgh Diocesan Committee meeting
- July: Even years National Convention; family picnic
- September: Even years State Workshop; Seminarian Luncheon; Bingo at Vincentian Home; Pittsburgh Diocesan Committee meeting
- October: Financial Review; Fall Charity Bazaar; National CDA Sunday (third Sunday)
- November: Memorial Mass for Deceased Members
- December: Christmas party
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?"
"Here I am," I said; "send me!"
Isaiah 6:8 (NABRE)